Lisa Krugman, 58, has been a cancer survivor since 1979, when at 23 she was diagnosed with cervical and ovarian cancer and underwent a complete hysterectomy. Her doctors speculated her cancer was associated with her mother having taken DES (Diethylstilbestrol, a synthetic form of estrogen) while pregnant with her daughter. Five years ago, Lisa was diagnosed with jaw cancer, which could also have its roots in DES.
Relay For Life is an inspirational fundraising event that honours cancer survivors and celebrates life. Each Relay is a community-led, non-athletic event where teams fundraise and then join together in the Relay event.
Congratulations to Lisa and all cancer survivors!
Read Relay for Life: Survivors’ role models for hope
By David Knopf, June 13, 2013, Richmond DailyNews.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.