by Ruby T. Senie, PhD, Professor of Clinical Public Health, Columbia University, New York
With contributions from leading authorities in the field, this one-of-a-kind text explores the major health challenges and conditions specifically affecting women. Epidemiology of Women’s Health covers chronic, infectious, autoimmune and psychological conditions as well as the health disparities and differences in health behaviors to give the reader a comprehensive understanding of the major female-specific needs that may be useful in developing effective public health programs. The text concludes with a review of the ethical aspects of gender-specific research studies. Divided into 10 sections, the book covers the following topic areas: Introduction to Epidemiology of Women’s Health; Personal and Community-Based Health Promotion and Morbidity Prevention; Sexual Health Across the Life Span; Sexually Transmitted Infections; Chronic Psychological and Psychosocial Conditions; Endocrine & Autoimmune Conditions; Malignancies; Chronic Conditions; Aging; and Impact of Research: Lessons from the Past, Challenges of the Future.
DES Action USA published this comment:
Students assigned this excellent textbook are reading about DES – with info sprinkled liberally throughout. Chapter 26 is even dedicated to the memory of a DES Daughter who died of breast cancer. Inside tip: turn to page 473 to see a picture of the author, Rubie Senie. We thank her for keeping DES front and center! – See book contents.
- Watch the Diaporama, and the DES books photo set on
- If you already have a flickr® account, add us as a contact.
Email your photos to email@example.com with a short description and title
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.