The chemical-based conventional agriculture industry claims that the synthesized concoctions they sell as pesticides, herbicides, and insecticides are safe when used as directed, but does the scientific evidence truly support their assertions?
Video source and more information
- Organic agriculturist and lecturer André Leu delves into a wealth of respected scientific journals to present the peer-reviewed evidence that proves the claims of chemical companies and pesticide regulators are not all they seem. Leu translates technical jargon into layman’s terms to break down the five most repeated myths about pesticide use: independent scientific analysis shows that pesticides are not at all as safe as industry leaders and regulatory agencies claim. The pesticide industry argues that human agriculture, and thereby the global population itself, cannot survive without using pesticides and herbicides, but Leu warns that human health is at great risk unless we break free of their toxic hold and turn to more natural methods of pest and weed regulation.
- Video published on 14 Oct 2014 by AcresUSA.
- Watch more BPA chemicals videos on our YouTube channel.
Pesticide Action Week
- Add your voice to the Safe Alternatives to Pesticide Action Week expanding international movement: get involved!
- Download the new call to participate and spread it through your networks…
- Our posts tagged EDCs, pesticides and safer chemicals.
6 thoughts on “The Myths of Safe Pesticides: Agriculture without Pesticides video”
Reblogged this on Beechdey’s Weblog.
Reblogged this on Milieunet.
Thanks for sharing this info Dom!
thanks for visiting and for commenting Gerrit