The chemical-based conventional agriculture industry claims that the synthesized concoctions they sell as pesticides, herbicides, and insecticides are safe when used as directed, but does the scientific evidence truly support their assertions?
Organic agriculturist and lecturer Andre Leu delves into a wealth of respected scientific journals to present the peer-reviewed evidence that proves the claims of chemical companies and pesticide regulators are not all they seem. In The Myths of Safe Pesticides, Leu translates technical jargon into layman s terms to break down the five most-repeated myths about pesticide safety, refuting them using scientific data.
The pesticide industry argues that agriculture, and the global population itself, cannot survive without its products, but Leu warns that we are at risk unless we break free of their toxic hold and turn to more natural methods of pest and weed regulation..
- Website. Read reviews on Amazon and GoodReads.
- The Myths of Safe Pesticides, Organic Federation of Australia.
- The Myth of Safe Pesticides, mercola.com, December 28, 2014.
Pesticide Action Week
- Download the new call to participate and spread it through your networks…
- Our posts tagged EDCs, pesticides and safer chemicals.
- Watch @DES_Journal diaporama, and health books album on
- If you already have a flickr® account, add us as a contact.
Email your photos to email@example.com with a short description and title
4 thoughts on “The Myths of Safe Pesticides”
Reblogged this on Milieunet.
Great Dom! On my reading list!