In her latest book, Professor Barbara Demeneix explains how exposure to endocrine disrupting chemicals is resulting in reduced IQ levels in children and higher rates of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The author also explains the approaches needed to reduce exposure to today’s toxic cocktails.
- Presents evidence, derived from a wide spectrum of scientific and epidemiological studies, that many of these chemicals are interfering with one of our bodies’ most essential regulators of brain development: thyroid hormone.
- Offers number of recommendations for individuals to apply in their day-to-day life and suggest actions that should be taken at the regulatory level.
- Goes through the main catalogue of chemicals that can interfere with thyroid hormone production and action.
- Tells the personal story of how the author became aware of these problems.
- Simply presented ways to decrease your individual chemical load to protect yourself and unborn children.
- Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals: 2nd Endocrine Society Scientific Statement, 2015.
- Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals: 1st Endocrine Society Scientific Statement, 2009.
- Watch our DES and EDCs research gallery on Flickr.
- Watch our EDCs video playlist on YouTube.