…”there are examples of governments trying to introduce policies that improve health, and protect the environment only to find their efforts undermined by unhealthy corporations, and their industry associations.”…
7 Tactics used by Unhealthy Industries
- Attack legitimate science
- Attack and intimidate scientists
- Create arms length front organisations
- Manufacture false debate and insist on balance
- Frame issues in highly creative ways
- Fund industry disinformation campaigns
- Influence the political agenda
Find Out More
- The seven tactics unhealthy industries use to undermine public health policies, the conversation, lobbAugust 17, 2017.
- What Public Health Practitioners Need to Know About Unhealthy Industry Tactics, American Journal of Public Health (AJPH), July 2017.
- Featured image dioceseofcleveland.