This 2012 cartoon made me think about DES which was marketed and sold as a wonder drug for women while actually DES led to increased rate of miscarriage and preterm birth and all sorts of terrible and multi-generational side effects…
The 17th annual National Women’s Health Week kicks off on May 8, and is celebrated until May 14, 2016.
The National Women’s Health Week is an observance led by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on womens’s health. The goal is to empower women to make their health a priority. The week also serves as a time to help women understand what steps they can take to improve their health.
- Image sources: Cagle.
- Enjoy our health cartoons album on Flickr.
DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.