Ten women in the United States will soon be chosen to undergo the nation’s first uterus transplants, as part of a research study at the Cleveland Clinic.
The procedure is still highly experimental, and not all of the risks are known:
- Who needs a uterus transplant?
- Has this been done before?
- Will the women be able to become pregnant from sex?
- What are the risks?
- After the transplant, how long will it be before the women become pregnant?
- What happens after the women give birth?
Fo more information
- U.S. Uterus Transplants: 6 Things to Know, livescience, November 13, 2015.
- Uterus Transplants May Soon Help Some Infertile Women in the U.S. Become Pregnant, The New York Times, NOV. 12, 2015.
- First clinical trial of uterus transplantation in the US wins approval, medicalnewstoday, 13 November 2015.