First clinical trial of uterus transplantation in the US wins approval
Ten women in the United States will soon be chosen to undergo the nation’s first uterus transplants, as part of a research study at the Cleveland Clinic.
The procedure is still highly experimental, and not all of the risks are known:
- Who needs a uterus transplant?
- Has this been done before?
- Will the women be able to become pregnant from sex?
- What are the risks?
- After the transplant, how long will it be before the women become pregnant?
- What happens after the women give birth?
Fo more information
- U.S. Uterus Transplants: 6 Things to Know, livescience, November 13, 2015.
- Uterus Transplants May Soon Help Some Infertile Women in the U.S. Become Pregnant, The New York Times, NOV. 12, 2015.
- First clinical trial of uterus transplantation in the US wins approval, medicalnewstoday, 13 November 2015.