Solo theater artist Alice Eve Cohen knew that childbearing was simply impossible – her own mother had taken DES, and Alice had a deformed uterus, among other disqualifiers. So when what doctors misdiagnosed as a tumor turned out to be a 6-month fetus, the 44-year-old Alice had to wrestle with clueless specialists, cavalier insurance companies, and her own no-see-um maternal instincts. A personal and medical odyssey beyond anything most women would believe possible.
- Video by PenguinGroupUSA, Published on June 2009
Find out more
- Alice’s book reviews on Amazon – Alice’s book Chapter 1
- My Summer Reading Special: A Conversation with Alice Eve Cohen
- DES studies on Fertility, Gender Identity, Pregnancy.
- Watch our DES Videos in English Playlist on YouTube.