The Patient Education Website of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine adresses these questions:
- What is robotic surgery?
- What are the advantages of robotic surgery compared to traditional laparoscopy?
- What are the advantages of robotic surgery compared to laparotomy (open incision)?
- Are there any disadvantages of robotic surgery?
- What are the most common surgical procedures performed by robotic surgery?
- Is robotic surgery right for everyone?
Read ASRM Robotic Surgery, American Society for Reprocutive Medicine, Revised 2012 – PDF.
4 thoughts on “What is Robotic Surgery? Advantages Disadvantages compared to Laparoscopy and Laparotomy”
I would be on the table I think!
My uncle had robotic surgery for prostate cancer last year and the operation was a major success. His recovery was incident free and now he is in great health.
very glad to hear that