This talk, published on 25 Feb 2015, was given at a TEDx event using the TEDx Talks conference format but independently organized by a local community.
- Why is my Gender Identity so important? Think for a moment about how you might describe someone.
- Now what if you didn’t know their
- How would that change your description?
- How would it change their identity?
Rikki Arundel takes us on a journey into the world between genders to explore how we can break from the prison of gender identity.
- In 2002, after a life long struggle with her gender identity, Rikki Arundel decided to change her gender, a decision that brought her successful speaking career in financial services technology to an abrupt halt. Faced with considerable discrimination, she changed her field of expertise, completing a masters degree in Gender Research at Hull University and establishing herself as a diversity expert. She has spent the past decade delivering transgender awareness and other gender related training to mostly public sector organisations, and developing her website: GenderShift.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- For DES support and community engagement, join the group “DES: Society of Sons and Daughters (So Sad)“ on Facebook.
- Watch our interviews and trailers video playlist on YouTube.