Now at script stage : winner and nominee in over 20 international film festival screenplay competitions and labs (including the prestigious Hamptons Screenwriters Lab , Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and set in Boston, Massachusetts, WONDER DRUG is inspired by the true story of the drug DES (diethylstilbestrol), seen as a medical miracle to help women with pregnancy issues and one of the first cash cows for pharmaceutical companies ; but which was in fact a toxic, carcinogenic drug and one of the biggest medical disasters in history, affecting millions of people worldwide.
More info: Website – Facebook – Twitter
Written by: Caitlin McCarthy.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.