A committee of MEPs will soon vote on proposals that could increase transparency of clinical trials. However, there are 350 lobbyists for the pharmaceutical industry at the European Parliament and MEPs are now hearing their arguments against transparency every day. We have until 29th May to make sure they hear our arguments.
The Environment, Public Health and Food Safety Committee of the European Parliament, which is made up of 67 MEPs from 22 countries, is currently scrutinising the Clinical Trials Regulation. On Wednesday 29th May they will vote on changes to the regulation. There are proposals on the table that could greatly increase clinical trial transparency and would mean that all clinical trials for medicines licensed in Europe would have to be registered and the results reported.
Click here for Email addresses and sample letters to write to MEPs
- All Trials Registered, All Results Reported, why the #AllTrials Campaign Matters: Join and Sign now
- Read AllTrials campaign announces next steps
- AllTrials campaign raises the game on clinical-trial transparency
- Sign the petition and donate to the campaign
- Why Researchers MUST publish ALL Results of Clinical Trials
- What’s next for data transparency?
- All our posts tagged All Trials – Ben Goldacre – Big Pharma