Anabolic growth-promoting drugs in meat production are by far the most potent hormones found in the food supply. Researchers have compared the oestrogenic potency of the synthetic oestrogen Zeranol, used as a growth promoter in meat production, and five related compounds, with the potency of 17beta-oestradiol, diethylstilboestrol (DES), genistein, and Bisphenol-A.
- How did You get your Dose of DES? with Chicken, Turkey, Beef or Vitamin Supplement?
- Read the Stilbosol story and all our posts tagged Stilbosol.
- My Year of Meats, by Ruth Ozeki, 1999.
- Cancer from Beef: DES, Federal Food Regulation, and Consumer Confidence, by Marcus, Alan I, 1994.
- The Newest Knowledge of Nutrition: Wise Burroughs, DES, and Modern Meat, by Marcus, Alan I. 1993.
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.