In-Utero Exposure to DES
- 2017 Current perspective of diethylstilbestrol (DES) exposure in mothers and offspring.
- 2014 Diethylstilbestrol story.
- 2014 Outcome and follow-up of diethylstilbestrol (DES) exposed individuals
- 2013 Exposure to diethylstilbestrol during sensitive life stages: a legacy of heritable health effects.
- 2011 NIH Research on the Health Effects of Diethylstilbestrol
- 2005 The History of DES, Lessons to be learned.
- 2004 Diethylstilbestrol exposure.
- 2003 CDC DES Update, for you, your family, and your health care provider.
- 2002 DES exposure and the aging woman: mothers and daughters.
- 2001 Consequences of DiEthylStilbestrol during Pregnancy ; 50 Years later still a Significant Problem.
- 1988 Long-Term Effects of Exposure to DiEthylStilbestrol.
- 1987 The effects in the human of DiEthylStilbestrol (DES) use during pregnancy.
- 1980 DES Diethylstilbestrol, National Women’s Health Network, Resource Guide 6.
DES Side Effects
- Alterations in Estrogen Levels during Development affects the Skeleton – 1996
- Alterations of maternal Estrogen Levels during Gestation affect the Skeleton of Female Offspring – 1995
- Effect of in utero exposure to diethylstilbestrol on lumbar and femoral bone, articular cartilage, and the intervertebral disc in male and female adult mice progeny with and without swimming exercise – 2012
- Early-life factors and endometriosis risk – 2015
- Effects of Prenatal Environmental Exposures on the Development of Endometriosis in Female Offspring – 2016
- In utero exposures and the incidence of endometriosis – 2004
- Age at menarche among diethylstilbestrol granddaughters – 1995
- Menarche, menopause, years of menstruation, and the incidence of osteoporosis: the influence of prenatal exposure to diethylstilbestrol – 2014.
- Preterm Birth, fetal Growth, Age at Menarche among Women exposed prenatally to DiEthylStilbestrol – 2011
- Age at natural Menopause in Women exposed to DiEthylStilbestrol in Utero – 2006
- Effects on the Menstrual Cycle of in Utero Exposure to DiEthylStilbestrol – 1994
- The association between in utero cigarette smoke exposure and age at menopause – 2008.
- Prenatal diethylstilbestrol exposure and reproductive hormones in premenopausal women – 2015
- Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and the Obesity Epidemic – 2007
- Developmental exposure to estrogenic compounds and obesity – 2005
- Endocrine Disruptors and Obesity – 2017
- Environmental Estrogens and Obesity: the Developmental Exposed DES Animal Model – 2009
- Perinatal exposure to environmental estrogens and the development of obesity – 2007
- Prenatal diethylstilbestrol exposure and risk of obesity in adult women – 2015
– Various Studies
- A focus group study of DES daughters: implications for health care providers – 2000
- Adverse Health Outcomes in Women exposed in Utero to DiEthylStilbestrol – 2011
- Antenatal exposure to DES: lessons learned…future concerns – 2007
- Autoimmune Disease Incidence among Women prenatally exposed to Diethylstilbestrol – 2010.
- Birth defects in the sons and daughters of women who were exposed in utero to diethylstilbestrol (DES) – 2010
- Correlation of Mother’s Recall of DiEthylStilbestrol History with obstetrical Records – 1990
- Cytology of 575 young women with prenatal exposure to diethylstilbestrol – 1976
- Design and preliminary observations of National Cooperative Diethylstilbestrol Adenosis (DESAD) Project, – 1978
- Developmental exposure to diethylstilbestrol (DES) alters uterine response to estrogens in prepubescent mice: low versus high dose effects – 2004
- DiEthylStilbestrol and other Sex Hormones during Pregnancy – 1981
- Diethylstilbestrol in pregnancy: an update – 1982
- Differential Effects of Bisphenol A and Diethylstilbestrol on Human, Rat and Mouse Fetal Leydig Cell Function – 2012
- Effects of diethylstilbestrol exposure during gestation on both maternal and offspring behavior – 2015
- Effects of Neonatal Diethylstilbestrol (DES) Exposure on Morphology and Growth Patterns of Endometrial Epithelial Cells in CD-1 Mice – 1999
- Effects of prenatal exposure to diethylstilbestrol (DES) on hemispheric laterality and spatial ability in human males – 1992
- Endocrine disrupting chemicals and disease susceptibility – 2011
- Gestational exposure to diethylstilbestrol alters cardiac structure/function, protein expression and DNA methylation in adult male mice progeny – 2013
- Health risks and effects of prenatal exposure to diethylstilbestrol – 1983
- Human papillomavirus associated with vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia in women exposed to diethylstilbestrol in utero – 1987
- Increased incidence of cervical and vaginal dysplasia in 3,980 diethylstilbestrol-exposed young women. Experience of the National Collaborative Diethylstilbestrol Adenosis Project – 1984
- In utero exposure to DES. Evaluation and followup of 199 women – 1978
- Mortality in Women given DiEthylStilbestrol during Pregnancy – 2006
- Not just a cervical ectropion. Three case reports of diethylstilbestrol (DES) exposed women presenting with vaginal discharge and cervical ectropion – 1999
- Physiological effects and mechanisms of action of endocrine disrupting chemicals that alter estrogen signaling – 2010
- Prenatal diethylstilbestrol exposure and performance on college entrance examinations – 1992
- Prenatal Diethylstilbestrol Exposure and Risk of Uterine Leiomyomata in the Nurses’ Health Study II – 2013
- Secondary sex ratio among women exposed to diethylstilbestrol in utero – 2007.
- The effects of diethylstilbestrol administration on rat kidney. Ultrastructural study – 2013
- The National DES Education Program: effectiveness of the California Health Provider Intervention – 2002
- The Role of the Estrogen Receptor in DiEthylStilbestrol Toxicity – 1985
- Time to pregnancy and secondary sex ratio in men exposed prenatally to diethylstilbestrol – 2007.
- Vaginal and cervical squamous cell dysplasia in women exposed to diethylstilbestrol in utero – 1978
More DES DiEthylStilbestrol Resources
- DES studies on cancers and screening.
- DES studies on epigenetics and transgenerational effects.
- DES studies on fertility and pregnancy.
- DES studies on gender identity and psychological health.
- DES studies on in-utero exposure to DES and side-effects.
- DES studies on the genital tract.
- Papers on DES lawsuits.
- DES videos and posts tagged DES, the DES-exposed, DES victims.
4 thoughts on “DiEthylStilbestrol Resources: Gestational DES-Exposure and Side-Effects”
Happy New Year Dom
Happy New Year Gerrit
Hi, my name is Kathryn, as far as l know l am a DES daughter,
.my mum complained of having to endure injection whilst pregnant with me due to previous misscharrages she had experienced. dical records to varify that l was exposed to this hideous drug.l
now experience many health issues, ive been told l have a bulky uterus and have suffered with horrible period pain and other issues,as cysts in the lining of my uterus,kidney stones from age 16, rhumatroid arthritis serverve back pain and nurmours other complaints.Can this possibly associated with DES…l feel so alone and uncertain,how can l investergate this further so l can be certain and make informed choices as to my continued health care needs.
hope ther is someone else out there who understands my confusion and frustration in not knowing what to do
Hi Kathryn and sorry to hear about your health issues.
All what we do is publish studies we find – with free access – so that the general public, DES victims and the medical profession can get some additional information regarding the multiple side effects related to the DES drugs.
For advice and support, you should contact your official DES action group.